Contract Research Services
- Out Sourcing’ as a concept has become a way of life in modern day business approach.
- A modern day business house prefers to focus on their strength (marketing their products), leaving the rest (creative jobs) to out sourced agencies.
- MIKASA COSMETICS (DIVISION OF MESO PRIVATE LIMITED) is one such laboratory for the development of Cosmetics, Cosmeceuticals, Dermaceuticals & Toiletries.
- With the rich experience of its technical team, MIKASA COSMETICS (DIVISION OF MESO PRIVATE LIMITED) has the capabilities to offer the best service in the industry.
- MIKASA COSMETICS (DIVISION OF MESO PRIVATE LIMITED) strives hard to keep itself updated on the latest in the industry such that customers’ needs are fulfilled to the maximum.
We undertake Turnkey Services starting from Formulation development to Delivering Quality Products at Your door step.
Stability / Efficiency Studies
Technical Information Support
The Research center is well experienced in development of formulations and improvisations on the same for both functional benefits and cost-effectiveness. It can source cost-effective functional raw material ingredients both locally and globally. we can indegenize formulation to suit requirement of customers. The formulations can be customized for placement in markets in any region globally.
The Research center develop processes suitable for various personal care and home-aid products . The processes are technically transferred to factory scale. Technical service Manuals are prepared for products to facilitate any manufacturer for independent operation for producing such products. Suitable manufacturing facilities can be identified / developed within the country for own or contract labels.
Development section is capable of sourcing both raw material ingredients and packaging materials within the country and globally, with particular reference to cosmeticology. Identification of Manufacturing Facility and Technology Transfer are the strengths of Development section.
Technical Information Sevices:
Informations regarding functional ingredients, packaging materials both scientific and technical are available in-house.
MIKASA COSMETICS (DIVISION OF MESO PRIVATE LIMITED) offers a Comprehensive Stability Study programme. The programme is designed to meet a variety of Temperature / Humidity Conditions as per ICH guidelines as well as client directed conditions. The following Stability Testing Programmes can be offered:
- Accelerated stability testing
- Long term stability testing
- Stability vs Formulation evaluation
- Preservative efficacy stability testing
- Freeze-Thaw stability tests in the range of –10 deg to 55 deg C
- Perfume stability testing
- Colour stability testing
- Final package stability testing
- Compatibility testing
- Comprehensive programmes can be designed as per clients’ desire that can include Physical and Perfume stability, Packaging Compatibility.
The Microbiology Facility has a vast experience in the area of cosmetic flora as per CTFA and Pharmacopoeial Guidelines . It gives a strong support for Development of functional Cosmetics & Toiletries.
- Total viable count
- Zone of inhibition
- Environmental sampling
- Water sampling
- Surface sampling
- Study of Efficacy of products for functional activities viz.,
- Anti-prickly heat
- Oral care
- Foot care
- Any Other
- Antimicrobial preservative effectiveness testing (IP,BP,USP)
- Antiseptic and antibiotic testing
- Bioburden testing
- Fungicidal activity
- Microbial identification
- Microbial limit testing (IP,BP,USP)
- Minimum inhibitory concentration
- Sterility testing (CTFA and Pharmacopoeial guidelines)
The Research center is capable of microbial Culturing Services viz., culture development, culture storage / maintenance and sub culturing. It can guide projects in the fields of Cosmetic, Herbal, Pharmaceutical and Industrial Microbiology. It can conduct in-vitro and ex-in-vivo in vitro studies particularly in the field of cosmeticology by Contract / Collaborative Research with prospective clients in the fields of Personal Care, Water, Food, Pharma, Herbal, Paint and Allied Subjects, etc. The customers include Hotels, Households, Shops, Institutions, College and Universities.
Perspective Clients / Industries:
Cosmetics and Toiletries, Pharmaceutical, Food, Chemicals, Water and various others.
Pharmacopoeia (IP, BP, USP), BIS, CTFA, Clients Specifications / protocols.
- Moisture Analysis
- Penetration value
- Bulk density
- Sieve analysis
- Melting point
- Refractive index
Physico Chemical Analysis
- pH analysis
- Gas chromatography
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography
- High Performance Thin Layer Chromatography
- In near future we intend to create a consumer panel extensively profiled at Ahmedabad, India
- Panel will include consumers from households, institutions, parlours, hotels etc
- Clinical evaluation will be carried out thru’ Medical / Para medical practitioners, Cosmetologists etc
- For, Sunscreens, Deodoriser, Depilation, perfume stability & retention etc
- Instrumental evaluation for functional benefits using Skin meter for Complexion, Moisturiser, Anti acne, Anti -prickly heat
For Hair conditioning, Depilatories, etc
- MIKASA COSMETICS (DIVISION OF MESO PRIVATE LIMITED) has a strong library system covering Chemistry, Cosmeticology, Herbal sciences, Microbiology, Consumer evaluation etc.
- Books: Encyclopedia ( Science & technology, Chemical technology)
- Journals: SPC, C&T, HAPPI, Personal care, Current science, MAPA, IJD, IJEB, SDTR, Boi spectrum, Chemical weekly, Herbal Tech
- Statutory: CTFA, Pharmacopoeia, BIS specs, FDA, Weights & measures etc
- A broadband connection ensures knowledge enrichment to the laboratory personnel at Mikasa Lab
At Mikasa we have been working within the beauty industry for over two decades providing quality & effective formulations. We are specialized in developing formulations for the face, body, and hair. Our development team is committed to researching and creating innovative formulations that use the latest technology & result oriented ingredients while utilizing tried and trusted quality raw materials.
Our expertise can be used to create a completely new custom formula or make any change / value addition to your existing formula/s. Our team of scientists will work with you to take your unique conceived product idea from concept to delivering the final formulation.
Product Scale Up
Product Reverse Engineering
Over the last 20 years, Mikasa Cosmetics has formulated thousands of products for various customers. With this accumulated experience and insight, our chemists and in-house laboratory team have NO LIMITS on what they can formulate for you.
• Serums • Toners • Balms • Lotions • Peels • Scrubs • Creams • Body Butter • Shampoo • Gels • Sunscreens • Spa Line • Masks • Body Wash • Men’s Line • Herbal/Ayurvedic products ..
and much more
At Mikasa Cosmetics, we provide our clients with custom formulations. If you wish to customize a skin care product concept or a hair care product concept, our team of qualified scientists can create a tailored made formulation as per specification. Besides custom formulation services, we have an extensive library of ready formulations (Private Label) to choose from. A private Label is an ideal solution for customers wishing to go to market quickly. Our industry knowledge will help you to make the best choices for your brand formulations, packaging & design to ensure your success in the beauty industry.
Choose us to formulate, then stay with us to make your brand. We delight our customers with all creations we develop and are obsessed over the safety, efficacy, and performance of every product we touch.
Sometimes success can be hindered by unfamiliar restrictions. At Mikasa Cosmetics, we are dedicated to assisting you through regulatory compliance that may arise in either domestic or international marketplaces.
Besides offering formulation development services, we also provide following testing services for your existing products.
1) Determination of hydration level, TEWL and sebum through Skin Meter.
2) Raw material & packaging material test — vendor validation/qualification.
3) Aerobic plate count & fungal plate count on raw materials, bulk products and finished products.
4) Pathogens testing on finished products.
5) Microbial Limit Test & Preservative Effectiveness Test (MLT & PET validation).
6) Stability test to determine the shelf-life of the products.
7) Assessing Melanin and Erythema level through Skin Meter.
8) Process validation / qualification.